The University of Akron – Wayne College is committed to supporting students, graduates and community members in determining, establishing and maintaining goals and strategies for a successful and rewarding life and career. We want to help students by providing one on one career counseling, career planning and exploration, resources for students in career exploration, resume writing and interviewing skills, and job postings and opportunities.
- One on one career counseling is available to help students select a major, research careers, interpret career interest tests and explore and evaluate career options.
- To make an appointment for career services please contact Student Services at 330-684-8900.
- Wendy Cundiff – Coordinator of Academic Advising and Career Services
- Jane Fink – Director of Counseling and Accessibility Services
Career Planning course – Find Your Path
- Career planning helps students identify their interests, goals, skills, values, strengths, aptitudes and personality traits.
- Learners develop the skills necessary to make effective educational and career decisions. Emphasis upon self-understanding, career exploration, career planning, and decision making.
Resources for Students
- Focus 2
- The University of Akron Career Services
- Students enrolled at any branch campus may utilize the career planning resources available at The University of Akron Career Services Center.
- Visit Handshake – the online job board where employers can post opportunities and specifically connect with students and alumni from The University of Akron.
- Ohio Means Jobs
- Orrville Works
- OrrvilleWorks connects workers to jobs in Orrville, Ohio. You can find current local job openings, employee testimonials, company profiles and employment related news and events.
Programs for Students
- Milkshakes and Majors
- Career Fair
- Workshops on Resume Writing and Interviewing Skills
Resources for Employers
- Wayne College provides proctoring services for distance schools and universities.
- Convenient hours and ten station testing lab make testing accessible. Fees may apply. For scheduling, call Student Services at 330-684-8900.
Please contact Wendy Cundiff, 1901 Smucker Road, Orrville, Ohio 44667, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 330-684-8907, Fax: 330-684-8989