The University of Akron Wayne College Admissions
UA Wayne College operates under a policy of rolling admissions, which means you will receive a letter of admission as soon as your credentials are on file with us. However, no decision can be made final until complete credentials are received, and all admissions requirements are completed. Because of that, there is no established date for notification since it is an ongoing procedure.
If you have questions, or for further information please contact the Student Services Center at 330-684-8900 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit an application by using UA's Online Application.
You will have the opportunity to select Wayne as your campus of attendance.
- All new freshmen must submit a high school transcript or GED score.
- The University has made submitting ACT/SAT test scores optional as part of its holistic review for admission. If you choose not to submit test scores, you’ll still be given full consideration for admission and merit scholarships. Browse our SAT/ACT test score FAQs for more info about our test-optional admissions requirements.
- All transfer students must request an official transcript from each college attended.
- All R.N./L.P.N.s must request a transcript from nursing schools attended.
Click on the following links to find out more information about the admission requirements and procedures for the various student types:
- • New Freshmen
- • College Credit Plus (previously Postsecondary)
- • Transfer Students
- • Adult Students
- • International Students
- • Graduate Students
- • Postbaccalaureate Students
- • Guest/Transient Students (already enrolled at another accredited institution), or
- • Special Students (non-degree-seeking)
Complete assessment testing in reading, math and English in order to be placed in appropriate courses. Meet with an academic adviser for proper placement and scheduling assistance.
Once you are registered, refer to your bill for fees payment deadlines. Payment of fees completes the registration process.
If you apply to the Akron campus, but later decide to attend Wayne College, you need not complete another application for admission. Akron will simply forward your application to the Wayne campus.