Clubs and organizations are another aspect of student life at Wayne College. Students may choose to join professional clubs that focus on their prospective career or social clubs that give them the opportunity to meet new people and become more involved on campus. While enjoyable and beneficial to most students, clubs and organizations are a voluntary part of the college experience.
What is RooConnect?
RooConnect is a web application that allows students and faculty to join, organize, manage and communicate with registered student organizations and their members. RooConnect is strictly for University of Akron's campus.
Benefits of RooConnect
- RooConnect encourages student involvement and awareness by making it easier to find registered campus organizations and communicate with their members.
- Within RooConnect you can browse all registered student organizations and start your Akron Experience by being involved and engaged in campus life.
- Students are also able to keep an official record of involvement and utilize a personal calendar of events or a virtual to-do list.
- RooConnect houses all necessary materials for campus organizations in one place.
- Within RooConnect, members of a campus organization may keep a log of past officers for reference purposes, post pictures, complete organization surveys, announce meeting schedules, post event information and more.
For example, RooConnect allows student organizations to:
- Be sustainable by moving all organization forms online for easy access and storage of collected data
- Register for new organizations online
- Promote events, meetings, speakers, and programs using the calendar feature
- Communicate with group members or other groups via email, message, discussion board, or text message
- Store files for easy officer transitions from year to year
- Create a RooConnect account by logging in at https://rooconnect.uakron.edu
- Log in to RooConnect with your UANet ID and password. If you are a new user, you will need to complete the basic profile information.
- Once logged in, you can start to Search or Join organizations on campus.
- At the top of the Explore page click "Organizations"
- From here, you can search for an organization by name or category.
- Click on the name of a student organization to learn more about their mission/purpose.
- Click "Join" or "Contact" to become a part of an organization. Some organizations require a request in order to join
For more information, please contact the Coordinator of Student Activities in the Student Life Building, room 119 or e-mail at email@example.com.