Wayne Campus Individual Make-Up Exams
Testing Services proctors paper-based or online classroom exams to individual students of the University of Akron/Wayne College. If a student was unable to complete an exam with the rest of the class, please refer to the following policies and procedures:
- Students can register for an appointment for a proctored academic test by going to this link: https://www.registerblast.com/uakron-smucker/Professor/Enroll. We cannot guarantee availability to proctor an exam without an appointment. When a student arrives to their appointment, they must their Zip Cards before testing.
- Instructors are to enroll in our new testing registration software called Register Blast by clicking this link: https://www.registerblast.com/uakron-smucker/Professor/Login. Once enrolled, instructors can request academic tests to be proctored in the Testing Center by clicking this link: Submissions - University of Akron Assessment & Evaluation | RegisterBlast
- For step by step instructions on enrolling and using Register Blast test registration software, click this link.
- Proctored exams for University of Akron/Wayne College courses are free.
Wayne Campus Group Classroom Exams
Testing Services may provide paper-based or online group testing to assist instructors at the University of Akron/Wayne College.
Group testing refers to any situation in which an instructor requests our proctoring services for multiple students in a class, or for an entire class. These policies and procedures do not apply to an individual student’s need for separate testing conditions (e.g. accommodated testing requests through the Office of Accessibility; make-up testing for an individual that missed class due to illness, emergency, or excused event).
We require at least 7 days’ notice in advance of test date or window to determine feasibility of managing request. Submitting a request for group testing does not guarantee that this service can be provided, and honoring the request is contingent on resources, availability, and existing service needs during desired test window. For further information or questions about procedures, please contact Chris Dreher, Manager of Smucker Learning & Testing Center at email@example.com.
Instructors can enroll in our testing registration software called Register Blast by clicking this link: www.registerblast.com/uakron-ae/Professor/Enroll.
Once enrolled, instructors can request academic and make-up tests to be proctored in the Testing Center by clicking this link: Submissions - University of Akron Assessment & Evaluation | RegisterBlast
On-Campus Tests for UA Students with Accommodations
- Smucker Learning & Testing Center-Testing Services collaborates with Office of Accessibility to proctor accommodated exams.
- Instructors will receive notice from the Office of Accessibility for any students with accommodations. Exam instructions are submitted online by instructors through the STARS Testing Contract, and it can be updated throughout the semester as needed. Exams may be uploaded to STARS, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or delivered to B107 Smucker Learning Center. Be sure to include student's name if delivered outside of STARS.
- Students should access STARS through Office of Accessibility to request testing.
- Please contact Chris Dreher at email@example.com for information or help on how to set up accommodations in Brightspace for exams.
Contact us at 330-684-8960 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Smucker Learning and Testing Center
Located in B-Wing of the Main Classroom Building on campus.
Winter Break Hours:
Fall and Spring Semester Hours:
For additional information or to schedule an appointment, please contact us at 330-684-8960 or by email at email@example.com.