Need help? Text your questions to: 330.828.6773
- Send a text message to the library staff using the text dedicated line: 330.828.6773.
- Add us to your cell phone contacts for easy access.
- This number is reserved for our text reference service and should not be used for regular phone calls. We are unable to answer text messages sent to the library regular phone line.
Hours of Text service:
- The library staff are available to answer texts during the library's normal service hours.
- If we are currently unavailable, please try back in a few minutes. If the library is closed, we will respond to your text as soon as the library opens again.
Cost of Text Messages:
- Standard message rates apply.
Text Reference Tips:
- The library staff will give priority to library patrons in the library.
- If the library staff do not respond immediately (we may be away from the desk or helping another patron) please be patient and we will respond as soon as possible.
- Texting is ideal for short, general information requests (under 160 characters). For more detailed assistance, please come in to the library or call us on our regular phone line.
- The library staff reserve the right to not respond to a text that is considered to be non-professional in nature and block users who violate the Library's Acceptable Behavior Policy.
User Responsibility Statement and Code of Conduct:
Wayne College Library staff will treat all text users with respect and courtesy. Users of this service who feel they are not treated with respect should contact the Library Director with any comments or complaints. Text users are expected to treat the library staff with the same respect and courtesy.
A text user (student, faculty, staff, or community member) who participates in text reference services will abide by the following code of conduct:
- Text users will correspond with the library staff in a respectful and professional manner.
- Text users will understand that the library staff may be assisting multiple patrons at the same time and be patient throughout the chat session.
- Text users will abide by the library’s Acceptable Behavior Policy and the University’s Code of Student Conduct at all times. Academic misconduct includes asking librarians to answer questions from tests, quizzes, or exams.
- Text users will refrain from being deliberately or continuously uncooperative, asking misleading, inappropriate, or personal questions, or otherwise denying service to other legitimate users of the service.
A text user who acts in violation of this code of conduct will receive two warnings before the library staff member will end the text session and block the user from the service. Library staff members reserve the right to end text sessions at their discretion. Serious offenses will be dealt with in an appropriate manner, including referral to Student Judicial Affairs or Campus Police.
- The University of Akron Wayne College library is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of its users. As with all reference and information transactions, we follow The University of Akron 's privacy policies.