Military Services Center
Let us be your Personal Navigator! Our mission is to provide comprehensive enrollment and referral services to you and your family. We are committed to making your transition to The University of Akron as smooth as possible.
After all, it is the least that we can do, given the sacrifices that you have made for our country.
Here are just a few things with which your Personal Navigator can help...
- apply for admission and financial aid,
- connecting with your academic adviser,
- evaluating your SMART transcript,
- exploring housing options,
- applying for U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs education benefits and/or
- finding appropriate counseling and testing services.
For students who currently serve in the military and will miss classes for short-term military leave or for military training exercises, we recommend that they contact their instructors as soon as they become aware of this so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
A number of scholarship opportunities are available for veterans and for students serving in the military.