Students who are over the age of 21 or have been out of a traditional academic setting for several years

For the most part, applying to The University of Akron Wayne College as an adult student is the same as it is for any student. You must have a high school diploma from an accredited school or a GED for acceptance.

Experience is now worth college credit at Wayne College!
Check out our new Technical Experience Assessment Program (T.E.A.) - Click here for more information.

For candidates age 21 and older, submitting high school transcripts, GED results or other documentation is required. If you have credits from another higher education institution, please be sure to apply as a transfer student.

You may also complete the UA application online. To receive an admissions application, just click here to go to our information request page.

For more information, please don't hesitate to go to our information request page, call or write the Office of Admissions, The University of Akron Wayne College, 1901 Smucker Road, Orrville, OH 44667. The phone numbers are 330-684-8900 or 1-800-221-8308, ext. 8900.