UA Wayne College Campus hosting two COVID-19 vaccine clinics
The University of Akron Wayne College Campus located in Orrville, Ohio will be hosting two temporary pop-up COVID-19 vaccine clinics available to everyone in September. These vaccination clinics will be located in our Student Life Building on campus and is open to the public as well as students, faculty and staff. The vaccination clinics will be managed by The Wayne County Health Department and The Viola Startzman Clinic.
What do I bring with me to get the vaccine?
Anyone wanting to receive a COVID-19 vaccine should bring their state driver’s license or ID card and your insurance card, plus your COVID-19 vaccination card, if you have already received one dose of a vaccine. As a reminder when coming to our campus, The University of Akron requires everyone – regardless of vaccination status – to wear a mask/face covering in indoor public areas.
1st COVID-19 vaccine clinic
- Thursday, September 2 from 10am – 1pm
The Wayne County Health Department will be offering and administering the Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, and Moderna vaccines, as supplies last.
- Thursday, September 23 from 12pm – 3pm
The Wayne County Health Department will be offering a follow up clinic and administer boosters to anyone who received the Pfizer vaccine.
2nd COVID-19 vaccine clinic
- Thursday, September 9 from 4pm – 7pm
The Viola Startzman Clinic will be offering and administering the Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer vaccines.
- Thursday, September 30 from 4pm – 7pm
The Viola Startzman Clinic will be offering a follow up clinic and again be administering the Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer vaccines.
For all UA students, faculty and staff
An important reminder
- The University of Akron requires that all members of our community — students, faculty and staff — be fully vaccinated by December 13, 2021, and provide proof of that vaccination history.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has given full approval of the COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by Pfizer for individuals 16 and older.
Report your vaccination status
- Those who have been fully vaccinated and have uploaded their information into Med+Proctor will be exempt from testing.
- Med+Proctor and privacy
- We are partnering with Med+Proctor to securely collect the vaccination status of students and employees. Med+Proctor is a confidential record-storage site that automates the immunization-verification process for universities.
- Access to the form submission and Med+Proctor data is restricted to University healthcare professionals and trained employees. Your information will not be shared publicly or directly with instructors, supervisors or colleagues.
- There is no charge to upload your information.
- How to upload
1. Log on to medproctor.com. First-time users will need to register for a new account. There is no charge.
2. Upload your vaccine record.
- Need help? See step-by-step instructions.
For more details visit: uakron.edu/return-to-campus