Heather A. Howley, Ph.D.
Title: Associate Professor and Coordinator of Communication
Dept/Program: Speech & Theatre Arts-Wayne
Office: Wayne College and Boyer HPE Bldg D103
Dr. Howley joined the UA Wayne College Faculty in fall of 2009. Her primary interests are in speech communication pedagogy, rhetorical analysis, and critical theory. Her research interests inform her teaching through an examination of power and authorship within the contexts of health communication, education, class, and identity. She strives to help students successfully connect their work, social and academic lives. She is a member of the Akron AAUP, The Working Class Studies Association, and serves on the board of the Orrville Public Library. She also serves as treasurer for the OCAAUP and is a volunteer at the MOCA House in Wooster. In her spare time she enjoys walking her dog, reading, listening to podcasts, cooking, and hanging out with the family in beautiful downtown Youngstown.
- Ph.D., Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
- M.S., Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
- B.A., Youngstown State University (Honors)
- Introduction to Public Speaking
- Effective Oral Communication
- Introduction to Communication Theory
- Interpersonal Communication