Highlighting our Faculty and Staff05/29/2014
Dr. Amber Ferris
- Published article: Hollenbaugh, E. E., & Ferris, A. L. (2014, January). Facebook self-disclosure: Examining the role of traits, social cohesion, and motive. Computers in Human Behavior, 30, 50-58.
- Published a new media analysis textbook: Curnalia, R. M. L., Wecht, C. W., & Ferris, A. L. (2014, April). Becoming a critic: An introduction to analyzing media content. Dubuque, IA: Kendall-Hunt.
- Presented “Responsible technology use: How the culture of connectivity has revolutionized our world” to 800 enlisted airmen and 170 commissioned officers at Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls, Texas (2014, March)
- Presented “Interviewing skills: Communicating in the workforce” to 180 commissioned officers at Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls, Texas (2014, March)
Dr. Jerry Obiekwe
- Obiekwe, J. C. (2014, January). Assessment of Student Learning: An Imperative Assignment for Faculty. Hawaii International Conference on Education and Hawaii International Conference on Arts and Humanities, Honolulu, Hawaii. January 5-13, 2014.
- Obiekwe, J. C. (2014, January). Measurement and Evaluation of Attitude toward Mathematics: From College Students Perspective. Hawaii International Conference on Education and Hawaii International Conference on Arts and Humanities, Honolulu, Hawaii. January 5-13, 2014.
- Review of paper for AURCO Journal titled “ Using Institutional Data in Curricular Decision Making: Student Course Preference Survey—Online is not for Everybody”, February 15, 2014.
Dr. John Roncone
- UAWC, Department of SSWE, Exercise Science Technology program established a partnership with the Arthritis Foundation, Great Lakes Region, Mrs. Mary Bird, Manager, dating back to spring 2012. Students within the EST program who are CPR certified and achieve certification with the AF, serve as the AFEP instructors, of which is offered on the Wayne College campus, Boyer Gymnasium, Fridays, 9:30-10:15am. This is the third academic year of the program. This academic year, over 50 individuals visited Wayne College to participate in the Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program.
- Officer, Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE) America-Midwest District.
Staff and Contract Professionals:
- Recently elected president of the Wadsworth Library Foundation
- Facilitator for the Margaret Clark Morgan Foundation Hope and Resiliency Forum, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
- Reappointed to the City of Orrville Civil Service Commission by Mayor of Orrville
- Reappointed to the Board of Directors of Goodwill Industries of Wayne and Holmes Counties.
- Received an AAS Degree in Paraprofessional Education – Early Childhood, Spring 2014.