Honors Program Application Instructions
- Apply for admission to Wayne College. You can obtain an application instructions online or by calling the Office of Student Services at 330-684-8900 or 1-800-221-8308, ext. 8900.
- Send your completed Honors application to the Honors Program Coordinator, 1901 Smucker Road, Orrville, OH 44667. You can download the application (PDF) or request a printed application by e-mail or by phone at 1-800-221-8308, ext. 8937.
The most qualified applicants will be invited to interview with the Honors Program Coordinator. Priority for admission and scholarships will be given to applicants who apply no later than February 1st. Applications may be considered after that date at the discretion of the Honors Program Coordinator.
Distinguished Student Program Application Instructions
- Attend the information session in April to find out more about the program and to receive a list of faculty advisers.
- Decide upon a topic for your Individualized Study Project.
- Contact a faculty adviser to discuss your project. Find out if the adviser is willing to work with you during the fall semester.
- If you qualify for the program at the end of spring semester, you will receive an application in June. (If you do not receive it by then and think that you are eligible, please contact the director of the program immediately.)
- Contact your faculty adviser before the application deadline and ask him/her to send in a Faculty Agreement Form to the director of the program. This form confirms that the faculty adviser will work with you on your Individualized Study Project in the fall.
- Complete the application and mail it to the director before the deadline date.
- If you are accepted into the program, you will be notified early in August.
- Register for the Individualized Study Project (2100:195-701) by the registration
deadline date for fall semester.
- Contact your faculty adviser before or during the first week of fall semester classes to schedule weekly meetings to begin your project.