Honors Program Application Instructions
For first-time students to Wayne College
- First-time students to The University of Akron Wayne College who complete the admissions application to Wayne College, will be considered automatically for admission to the Honors College. Applicants who meet the criteria will be offered admission to the Honors College.
- Compete and submit the Honors College Decision Form when you receive the acceptance letter from the Honors College to finalize the process.
For Wayne College continuing students or transfer students
- Current Wayne College students or transfer students with a minimum GPA of at least 3.6 and under 64 credit hours completed, contact the Honors College at 330-972-8732 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment with the Honors College Coordinator.
- The final deadline for submission of applications is August 15 (if applying for admission for Fall 2016).
Distinguished Student Program Application Instructions
- Attend the information session in April to find out more about the program and to receive a list of faculty advisers.
- Decide upon a topic for your Individualized Study Project.
- Contact a faculty adviser to discuss your project. Find out if the adviser is willing to work with you during the fall semester.
- If you qualify for the program at the end of spring semester, you will receive an application in June. (If you do not receive it by then and think that you are eligible, please contact the director of the program immediately.)
- Contact your faculty adviser before the application deadline and ask him/her to send in a Faculty Agreement Form to the director of the program. This form confirms that the faculty adviser will work with you on your Individualized Study Project in the fall.
- Complete the application and mail it to the director before the deadline date.
- If you are accepted into the program, you will be notified early in August.
- Register for the Individualized Study Project (2100:195-701) by the registration
deadline date for fall semester.
- Contact your faculty adviser before or during the first week of fall semester classes to schedule weekly meetings to begin your project.