Title: Associate Lecturer
Dept/Program: Business & Office Tech-Wayne
Office: Wayne College and Boyer HPE Bldg
When I began teaching part-time at Wayne College in 2007, I fulfilled a lifetime goal of being a teacher. I was a Navy classroom and on-the-job instructor for almost 25 years, taught adult leaders in the Boy Scouts of America North Florida Chapter for 12 years, and taught various investment-related courses to adults as part of my duties as the Educational Programs Director for the Sunshine Chapter of Better Investing for 4 years. However, I consider this my first "professional" teaching opportunity.
I entered the U.S. Navy immediately after high school graduation and retired in 1993 as a Senior Chief Petty Officer after having served 27 years. In 1994, I became an insurance agent. 3 years later, I expanded my licensing to become a stock broker with a regional broker/dealer headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. I worked almost 13 years as a stock broker and 16 years as an insurance agent before semi-retiring in 2010.
My wife, Lynn, and I have raised three sons as well as three "neighborhood spares" over the years. Our sons have blessed us with five grandchildren; three live in Phoenix, Arizona and two are in Sumter, South Carolina. I am an active member of the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars. My hobbies include reading, solving puzzles and playing acoustic guitar.
Licenses and Certifications Held (Past and Current):
- General Securities, Series 7
- General Securities Principal, Series 24
- Options Principal, Series 4
- Ohio Insurance License (Variable Annuities, Life, Accident & Health)
- Certified Master Automotive Mechanic
- MBA, American InterContinental University, May 2006 (Operations Management)
- B.B.A., American InterContinental University, April 2005 (Human Resource Management); Suma Cum Laude