Charter adopted 2001
Article I - NAME
The name of this organization shall be The Wayne College Alumni Association, a subsidiary of The University of Akron Alumni Association.
Article II - PURPOSE
• The purpose of the Wayne College Alumni Association shall be to:
• Utilize alumni resources to promote student academic development.
• Encourage community service.
• Recognize excellence among students, faculty, alumni, and staff.
• Support College development activities.
• Provide a framework for alumni with common interests to meet formally or informally for educational, professional, and/or social purposes.
• Support efforts to enhance College enrollments.
Article III - MEMBERSHIP
Membership shall be open to all persons who have earned at least 30 credit hours at Wayne College .
Associate membership may be extended to anyone by the Wayne College Alumni Association Board, and may be extended to members of the faculty, administrative and other staff, and members of the Board of Trustees. Spouses of the Wayne College Alumni Association members and post-secondary students not otherwise eligible for membership shall be made associate members of the Association. Associate members shall be entitled to all privileges except those of voting and holding office.
Honorary members of the Association may be selected by the Wayne College Alumni Association Board. Such honorary members shall enjoy full privileges of membership, including the right to vote and hold office.
As used in this Constitution, Wayne College Alumni shall be understood to refer to both women and men.
Formal dues for membership in the Association may be established. Such dues shall be in an amount necessary to conduct the affairs of and accomplish the objectives of the Association.
Dues shall be established pursuant to a vote of a three-fourths majority of the Wayne College Alumni Association Board and shall be subject to ratification by majority vote of the membership at the next annual meeting.
Article IV - MEETINGS
The Wayne College Alumni Association will meet at least twice each year, one of which will be the annual meeting.
Article V - WAYNE COLLEGE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION BOARD
The governing body of the Association shall be the Wayne College Alumni Association Board.
The Wayne College Alumni Association Board shall be composed of a minimum of five (5) and a maximum of fifteen (15) voting members of the Association. The members of the Wayne College Alumni Association Board shall be elected for one term, which is two (2) years.
The Wayne College Alumni Association Board shall be composed of the following non-voting, ex-officio members nominated by the Dean and approved by the Board:
• A Wayne College faculty member whose interests are related to the Association. This faculty member will serve in a liaison role between the Board and Wayne College .
• A current Wayne College Student Senate member whose interests are related to the Association. This student will serve in a liaison role between the members of the Board and the student body.
• The Assistant to the Dean for Community Relations shall serve as a permanent non-voting member of the Wayne College Alumni Association.
All Board vacancies shall be filled by nominations of the Alumni Board Chair within a period of 30 days and approved by a majority vote of a Board quorum. The new members shall serve until the next annual meeting of the Association at which time an election shall be held to fill the vacancy.
The Wayne College Alumni Association shall adopt Standing Rules not in conflict with this Constitution or the Constitution of the University of Akron Alumni Association .
Article VI - OFFICERS
The Officers of the Wayne College Alumni Association shall be Alumni of the College and shall consist of a Chair, Chair-elect, and Secretary/Treasurer.
The Chair, Chair-elect, and Secretary/Treasurer, having been elected by the Wayne College Alumni Association prior to the annual meeting of the Wayne College Alumni Association, shall be announced and installed at said annual meeting.
The Chair, Chair-elect, and Secretary/Treasurer shall perform the usual duties of their respective offices. The Chair shall serve as an ex-officio member of The University of Akron Alumni Board, which is the chief governing body of the Akron Alumni Association.