A student who does not qualify for regular admission to the University or who is participating in a special short-term academic program

A Special Student (nondegree seeking) may not take more than 15 credits unless official status as a regular student is gained.

To receive an admissions application, just click here to go to our information request page. You may also file the UA application online by clicking here.

Once you receive the form, fill it out carefully. Check the "Special Student" box at the top of the application. Unless you have paid to apply to UA before, submit your application with a $45 fee.

Click Here to Proceed to UA's Online Application Process

For more information, go to our information request page; call 330-684-8900 or 1-800-221-8308, ext. 8900; or write the Office of Admissions, The University of Akron Wayne College, 1901 Smucker Road, Orrville, OH 44667.