In the event of inclement weather conditions or other extenuating circumstances, students:
- May call the Wayne College Snowline at 330-684-8775
- Or listen to one of the following media for class cancellations:
- AM 960 (WKVX)
- AM 1100 (WTAM)
- AM 1350 (WTOU)
- AM 1480 (WHBC)
- AM 1520 (WINW)
- AM 1590 (WAKR)
- 94.1 FM (WHBC)
- 94.9 FM (WQMX)
- 97.5 FM (WONE)
- 98.1 FM (WKDD)
- 104.5 FM( WQKT)
- 106.5 FM (WLTF)
- 106.9 FM (WRQK)
- *Holmes Campus students should listen to 95.3 FM (WKLM)
- Alternatively, you can call the University's Emergency Information Phone Line at
If one campus closes, it does NOT mean all campuses are closed. You must check separately to see if Akron, Wayne or the HCHEC are each opened or closed.
Illness or unforeseeable circumstances may cause an instructor to cancel a class session. If a class is cancelled for the day:
- Information will be posted on the Wayne College's website (this page).
- Cancellation messages will be scrolling on the large monitors by Student Services and in The Marketplace Cafe.
Click here for Course Additions, Changes & Cancellations Page